1. Take 1 notebook or laptop with a word processor and find 1 blank page or document.
2. Stare at the blank page for 20 minutes before closing laptop and storming away.
3. Return to document after letting yourself chill for about 45 minutes.
4. Write about 250 words. Reread. Get angry. Delete work. Start again.
5. Get even angrier that you can’t come up with anything.
6. Yell at your notebook or computer screen.
7. Have 1 glass of wine.
8. Return to screen.
9. Get angry again.
10. Have second glass of wine.
11. Words begin flowing. You don’t get as angry as you reread.
12. Have a third glass of wine.
13. There is a storm of writing emerging from your fingers. You are a goddess, an amazing writer, that will revolutionize contemporary literature.
14. Fall asleep while marinating in your own self-worth.
15. Wake up. Reread work from yesterday.
16. Repeat at step 1.